Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Little Fox


For our very first feature we have The Little Fox- an enchanting little shop full of cute prints and dolls. Check her out here

In her own words-
 " I grew up as an only child, and since both my parents worked pretty long hours, and very often brought work back home, I guess I became adept to using my imagination a lot and always fabricating quirky little scenarios in my head. I started painting very early during my childhood, and I especially loved (and still do) Andersen's tales and Carroll's Alice books.
I enjoy painting girls of unspecified age, that look girly and serious at the same time. I was always fascinated with what may be hiding behind a phenomenally simple expression, what story might that person tell if he/she was given the chance...I like making up quirky scenarios about their life, but in the end it's always them that make me go one way or another.

My influences consist mostly of Flemish painters and graphic novel artists, such as Michael Zulli, Simon Bisley, and John Bolton in particular. Neil Gaiman's The Sandman Series, (actually anything by the man is inspiring), Blythe dolls, Tim Burton's movies, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Cure, Lewis Carroll's and Andersen's book, the Grimm Brothers. Anything sweet and enigmatic at the same time. But really, if an image swims around my head for days, the inspiration for it could be anything...sometimes it's a dream I just had and that's why I always keep a sketchbook by my bed!"




Some of her cute 18 inches dolls. Meet them here.



Or check out her Original Art Section here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts.